|Daisy Fields picture|
Monday, January 31, 2011
Leaving early for our Tucson Trip!
We are heading to Omaha tomorrow in order to get ahead of the storm to be able to reach the airport on Wednesday morning. I hope that all of you have a great week, and I will see you here next week! In the meantime, Chris and Mina will be filling in for me here! Stop by to see what they have to say! See you soon with lots of trip pictures and pictures of my new acquisitions!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Thank you! I am humbled and honored to have you stop by to check in. Happy Weekend!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
|Lampwork by Chris|
The mix just before packaging, very pretty and Spring color abundant!
I have to thank Shea for being such a wonderful partner, we complimented each other quite nicely! I am normally a BIG fan of BRIGHT (wait til you see what I purchased in Tucson!), so Shea's beautiful mix of soft green and aqua complimented with her wonderful handmade creations was definitely outside my beading zone. However, that was really part of the fun, and as it turned out, that was the case for Shea. We sent her a group of bright beads and handmade lampwork which she really loved, but weren't her normal range of colors either! Another BIG THANK YOU goes out to Lori Anderson, for her brilliant idea, amazing management skills, and for including me in this fun and challenging project. I don't know how she did it, but I was matched with a beader who does work which I love and want to do more of. At the same time, linked Shea to us, a beader and a lampworker, which provided her with materials she loves also! Thanks Lori! You ROCK!
Posted by Pixybug Designs at 9:32 PM
Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party!
What is a Bead Soup Blog Party?
Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following:
~ A focal
~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)
~ Some coordinating spacers or beads
~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)
~ Some coordinating spacers or beads
Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not.
Here's what I made!
These are my earrings in their own photo.
Now for the Giveaway!
One lucky winner will win a pair of earrings similar to the ones above! I will use the rest of Shea's metal pieces to create a pair of earrings for the winner!
One lucky winner will receive a Violet Garden focal made By Chris similar to the one he made for Shea's Bead Soup Mix. Of course, they are handmade and one of a kind, so yours will be a bit different than this one. To qualify you must sign up by Sunday, February 27th at midnight (U.S. Central Time). I will draw the winners (one for the earrings and one for the bead) from the qualified entries on Monday, February 28th using a random number generator.
To enter, comment on this post. That's all you have to do! Please be sure that somewhere in your comment, you leave your name and email address so I can contact you for your mailing address.
Now that I have WOWed you with my fabulous creations, be sure to start hopping over to visit all the other Bead Soup Party Blogs!!
1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life
3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane
4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio
11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12. Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13. Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14. Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15. Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16. Deci Worland, Gem Trails
17. Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18. Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19. Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20. Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats
21. Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22. Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim
23. Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24. Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25. Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26. Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27. Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads
28. Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29. Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30. Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul
31. Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32. Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33. Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34. Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35. Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36. Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37. Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39. Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40. Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio
41. Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42. Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43. Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya
44. Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45. Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles
46. Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig
47. Amanda Davie, Articulations
48. Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49. Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux
52. Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53. Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54. Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56. Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57. Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio
58. Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59. Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa
60. Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
61. Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog
62. Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63. Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64. Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65. Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66. Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67. Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68. Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69. Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver
70. Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71. Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72. Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73. Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74. Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
75. Jean Yates, Snap Out of it Jean, There's Beading to Be Done!
76. Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium
77. Valerie Norton, Hot Art
78. Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden
79. Amy Severino, Amy Beads
80. Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81. Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82. Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83. Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84. Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85. Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86. CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87. Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89. Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations
90. Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91. Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous
92. Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead
93. Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations
94. Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio
96. Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97. Cindy Dolezal, Cindy Dolezal Designs
98. Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads
100. Linda Landig, Linda's Bead Blog and Meanderings
101. Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102. Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations
103. Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104. Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105. Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106. Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107. Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108. Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109. Grace Danel, Grace Beading
110. Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman
111. Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe
112. Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
113. Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114. Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116. Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
118. Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie
119. Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart
120. Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs
121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings
123. Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass
124. Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks
125. Hazel Ward, All Those Things
126. Brenda Salzano, Salzanos
127. Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee
128. Anna Denisova, Anita-M
129. Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry
130. Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads
131. Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132. Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs YOU ARE HERE!!!!!!
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies
137. Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138. Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139. Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter
140. Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141. Heather Pyle, Welcome to My Muse
142. Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143. Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144. Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145. Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146. Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads
147. Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul
148. Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me
149. Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog
150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151. Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152. Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153. Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area
154. Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156. Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157. Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158. Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman
160. Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161. Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162. Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163. Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio
165. Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167. Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168. Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169. Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings
170. Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171. Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172. Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs
173. Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass
174. Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
175. Julie Nordine, Julie Nordine | Credit River Art Glass
176. Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178. Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179. Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux
180. Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181. Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry
189. Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos
190. Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191. Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192. Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197. Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198. Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious
200. Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201. Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202. Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203. Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204. Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205. Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206. Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207. Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208. Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209. Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210. Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread
The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011. Don't miss it!
Thanks again to Lori Anderson for all of her hard work putting the Party together and to all of the other beaders joined together through this experience!
Posted by Pixybug Designs at 12:01 AM
Friday, February 25, 2011
|Bead Soup Participant Map|
My Bead Soup Observations:
- With 210 participants, I give my thanks to Lori Anderson for all of her organization and what a terrific idea she had!
- I love the pieces I created with my soup mix from my partner Shea.
- I didn't have as much trouble working with a neutral color palette as I expected I would.
- While the map above was my idea, Lori did all the work! I find it fascinating to see where we live and where all the others are. When I look at my blog stats, the map is what fascinates me most (and that I have anything interesting enough to write to keep people coming back!)
- I can't wait until tomorrow! Sadly I have to work, so won't be able to surf all the blogs until later!
Posted by Pixybug Designs at 7:53 AM
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Chris and I take a break from the jewelry business demands this time of year because, WE ARE EXHAUSTED! We counted and last year we did 14 shows plus the Highland Park Farmers Market every Saturday from 4th of July until the middle of October. Makes me tired to think about it! This year is looking good show wise too, we just got info today for a new show coming to Grand Island. I haven't really beaded since the week of Christmas when we did about 15 special orders in the space of 2 days, and I ended up with tendinitis in my left hand! So I have been on anti inflammatory pills and wearing a wrist brace. Thankfully the treatment worked.
|Tim Holtz products from Scrapbook.com|
Monday, January 24, 2011
In 9 days I leave for Tucson Bead Show circuit! Can't believe I am getting to go with my boss, Julie and co-workers Trish and Mary, from the bead store I work at part time! While I am gone, I doubt I will be able to blog since I will only have my camera and iPod Touch, so Chris has been drafted to fill in for me! Here is his first attempt at blogging.
Greetings! I am doing a trial run at blogging to be prepared for when Steph runs away from home for a few days. She wants me to keep everybody updated while she is on her Tuscon trip. I have given her instructions to take lots of pictures. The new little camera she has will shoot 200 pictures to a battery charge and the memory card will hold about 1200 pictures. Hopefully she will have lots of wonderful pictures to share with all of us unlucky enough not to be going to Tucson!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Lori Anderson, powerhouse behind our Bead Soup Party, is running a give away for a set of metal letter stamps from PJ Tools (I would love to win these!).
Interested? Read her blogpost here!
Interested? Read her blogpost here!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
These special items were done as an order for a customer, which ended up not getting picked up. Anyway, they will be easy to sell, as we have sold quite a few in these styles already. "Fur"st up is a calico kitty. Chris has had issues with making a cat that is up to his quality standard, but people love the ones he makes!
Monday, January 17, 2011
|Want more info?|
My Bead Soup Partner is
Monday, January 10, 2011
Seasonal Affective Disorder). I am doing much better this year, having visited with my doctor after the horrible winter I had last year. While I am not fond of winter, I do love living where the seasons change and there is beauty in each season. We experienced that beauty this weekend. It snow slow, and often had big, lovely snowflakes. It is a wondrous thing to behold each perfectly shaped snowflake, a tiny art piece that melts away in an instant. The awe that it inspires always brings the deep, ponderous questions to my mind, most of them religious in nature so I will not extrapolate (my big word for the day :0) )here. I really am amazed by the beauty of nature, and often have wished for the talent of painting or sketching to recreate that beauty. Alas, I do not have it, though if a doodle is desired, I am your gal! My lovely daughter was given the gift instead, being able to almost replicate an image in front of her! I have to be content to add nature elements to my jewelry and beading designs instead.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
|Don't be fooled by the cute face!|
PLEASE put this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and, in case you didn't know, they can totally breathe fire. 60% of people won't copy and paste this because they've already been eaten by dragons. 38% of people are sitting in the shower armed with fire extinguishers, and the remaining 2% are awesome and will re-post!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Sorry for the long absence, amazing how time gets away from you! Here is an update on what has been happening in our lives:
- Mina's Christmas break has come and gone! She went back to school today, but during the past two weeks she spent time with 3 of her best gal pals, spent time with her Grandpa & Granny, spent time with her Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and a favorite foreign exchange student, and spent time with her friend Nita's family. Mina apparently has spent time with everyone, but her parents!!! Huh, weird! :0)
- Chris hurt his shoulder on an icy day at work, slipped on a step and stopped himself from falling, but put all of his weight on the one arm that grabbed the hand rail. Consequently, he has visited the orthopedic surgeon, the physical therapist, and soon an imaging specialist for an MRI. Chris also visited with the folks at the Red Cross last weekend, when he donated Platelets for the second time. Apparently, Chris is a platelet overachiever, he has so many platelets that he actually was able to donate more than the normal 3 units. He is a dedicated blood donor, having given several gallons since he was old enough to start giving, and I think the platelet donation will also become a common occurrence. Having needed a blood transfusion in my life, I appreciate all whom can donate. I have lousy veins, so not only is it tough to give blood just for a doctor's test, but it was pretty tough for them to put it back into me too!
- I have been busy making contacts with new opportunities! I joined the Bead Soup Party group that is managed by Lori Anderson and I have been asked to be a compensated blogger for Auntie's Beads! I love the Chinese Crystals and Pendants from Auntie's! They are one of my favorite bead suppliers, because living in Nebraska, Auntie's Beads are located in Texas, so the beads arrive quickly, and they have a lovely variety of beads.
- I was also given a lovely gift by my boss, Julie, at Julie's Xpressions in Hastings. She is taking me (along with Trish and Mary, who are also a part of the scene at Julie's) to Tucson in February to attend the Bead Shows to buy beads for the shop (and for ME)!!!! It is so exciting, I just about can't stand it! We fly out on February 1 and return on February 7 and this is the RESORT that we are staying at! Though I imagine, that each day after our bead purchasing, we will likely just return there to pass out or soak our aching feet! I have purchased new luggage and FLIP FLOPS! I seem to be getting a lot of raspberries blown at me from my co-workers at my other job and from Chris and Mina! Strange! ;0)
Airplane clipart + BLIZZARD CONDITIONS = Leaving early for our Tucson Trip! We are heading to Omaha tomorrow in order to get ahead of...
Find this magazine here. In January, one of my internet friends, Pam, contacted me and our mutual friend Carla, with an idea. She had re...
It began with some of these: Roman Numeral Clock Steampunk Button Swarovski Stairway Bead Antique Brass Splendor Link Retro C...
Photo courtesy of Moon Marble's Facebook page Here are the marbles that were made during demos at Marble Crazy last Friday and Satur...
This adorable little girl spent some time at our Marble Crazy Booth on Saturday, and I couldn't resist snapping her picture while she ...